Springfield-Greene County Office of Emergency Management Upcoming Trainings
- Feb 12 2015 6-8pm: Incident Command System for Senior Elected Officials @ Public Safety Center
- Feb 24 2015: National Weather Service Storm Spotter Training for Greene County, 6:30pm @ Assembly of God Auditorium.
- Apr 8-9 2015: Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program Course @ Public Safety Center
- Apr 21-22: Critical Infrastructure Training @ Public Safety Center
- June 2-3 2015: Jurisdictional Threat & Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment @ Public Safety Center
- July 28-30: Mitigation for Emergency Managers Course @ Public Safety Center
- Aug 4-6 2015: All Hazard Division/Group Supervisor Course @ Public Safety Center
- Aug 18-20 2015: Emergency Operations Center Operations for All Hazards Events @ Public Safety Center
Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training
The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. Using the training learned in the classroom and during exercises, CERT members can assist others in their neighborhood or workplace following an event when professional responders are not immediately available to help. For More information visit www.greenecountycert.org.
Greene County CERT graduated 112 students in 2014 and had 5 activations!
Upcoming CERT training courses are listed below:
CERT Animal Response Training: January 29th 6-9pm Public Safety Center
CERT Basic Training Class: February 21, 28 and March 7th 10am-4pm.
To register email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Basic CERT course is $20 per person